Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rabbits?

Observation: Are there no rabbits in Arkansas?

Since I've been back on the East Coast, I've seen rabbits in both Delaware and Maryland residential neighborhoods. I've always liked seeing the little guys in gardens -- it's very sort of Velveteen Rabbit coming to life-esque -- but for some reason, I'm noticing them more than usual. The only conclusion I can come to is that maybe it's been a few years since I've seen one and that's why they seem so rare.

I remember a few almost run-ins between Clyde and a possum (or is it opossum?) and also seeing many a roadkill version of armadillo (which until Arkansas, I thought was a New Mexico species), but now that I think about it, I can't remember seeing a rabbit. Could this be?

2 comments:

  1. You must not have been looking that hard!! Tons of rabbits round here ... well, least in Bryant. They keep breaking into my garden. And I have to swerve half the time to miss them in the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think perhaps Hillcrest wasn't quite suburban enough??

    ReplyDelete